Monday, September 14, 2009

King | The effectiveness of Alpine Full Cream Milk

King
That is my King. He looks very unwell, is he? Actually, he was really sick that time when I took his picture 3 months ago. I almost lost him when he suddenly lost appetite and became ill with too much worm infestation. In fact, all of King's siblings that I had given to my neighbors for adoption suffered the same and eventually died.

I went to an Agrivet store and asked what could be the remedy for his condition. That time, King was already becoming weak due to vomiting and whenever he dirts, his stool had lots of tapeworms in it. I did not bring King to a vet because I could see that the vet would just tell me that my pet's case is hopeless. So, the store manager gave me an injectable antiparasitic solution. It was injected just underneath his skin on the upper neck area. King initially survived and I thought that the worms were eliminated, although not completely.

But that was not the end of my worries for my beloved pet, because King suffered a stomach ulcer. For the following days after I've administered the injectable solution, he was just lying on the corner, too weak to stand and won't eat. My father thought he won't make it because he was already skin and bones and his eyes were so clouded with rheum. But I did not give up on him or loss the hope that he could survive.
alpine

Then I remembered Alpine Full Cream Milk. King lost his appetite for food that he won't even open his mouth, so the best remedy was to keep him hydrated with liquid. I gave him 50mL Alpine milk then water through a syringe every 2 hours. I even woke up at 2am and 4am to feed him. The setup went on for almost 3 weeks. King slowly gained his strength little by little each day with just the milk and water. I would sometimes whisper to him while stroking his head, "Fight King, you can make it." The puppy seemed to understood that I was fighting with him.

Then one day, when I thought King's stomach is ready for solid food, I gave him a little portion of cooked rice stuffed with canned sardines. King slowly regained his strength and became healthy and active again.

Worm infestation is just one of the serious pet problems and I guess it can't be totally eliminated. King periodically have worms, but it's not as hard as before since he is growing up and strong enough now. Recently, we had him castrated to keep him from wandering away when dog mating season comes. Just like Trisha, Jackie and Poknat, I don't chain King. My dogs are free to roam around our compound. Next time, I'll post King's recent pictures so you'll see how much he have grown.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Popular Posts